The Brown County 4-H Committee is again sponsoring a countywide recycling project for 2019. Clubs can participate by submitting receipts showing proof of recycling their aluminum cans.
What’s in it for your club?
- Helping the environment by keeping aluminum cans out of the landfill!
- Clubs who participate and recycle a minimum of 10lbs of aluminum cans will automatically receive $25 from the 4-H Committee
- Prizes will be given for the top 3 clubs. This will be determined by the total weight divided by the number of members in the club.
1st Place: $50
2nd Place: $40
3rd Place: $30
How do clubs participate?
- Encourage your clubs members and families to recycle aluminum cans.
- You can recycle your aluminum cans at any recycling center.
- Turn in receipts to the Extension Office that includes the total number of pounds of aluminum cans and the date.
- Clubs can turn in receipts dated any time after January 1st, 2019
- Final club receipts must be received at the Extension Office by November 21st
Tracking of the weight of the cans for the purpose of the prizes will be from January 1st - November 21st