Calling all 4-H'ers! We want YOU to help us promote 4-H. The 4-H Committee is sponsoring a 4-H promotional commercial contest. We invite you to submit a 30-90 second video clip of yourself talking about 4-H. You can shoot the video on your phone, computer, or with a video camera. Submissions might be used on our website, social media, etc. to promote 4-H. Just a couple tips:
- If you are using your phone, make sure you shoot horizontal and not vertical.
- You will be addressing the camera, please find a quiet place to do your recording.
- Wear a 4-H shirt and/or have a previous 4-H project in the background.
- Make sure that there is not a window or bright source of light behind you that would make your face look dark (backlit).
- Make sure you introduce yourself.
- If you use any of our sample questions, rephrase them as statements. For example, “My favorite thing about 4-H is meeting new friends.” rather than “new friends."
- As you start the recording, pause a couple of seconds, then deliver your lines. Likewise, when you have finished delivering your lines, look into the camera and wait a couple seconds before stopping the recording or moving to another take.
- Review your video after you film it.
- Make sure you save your final video as an MP4 file.
Here are a few sample questions/topics that you might include:
- What is your favorite part of 4-H?
- Why should someone else join 4-H?
- What 4-H projects have you taken?
- How has 4-H helped you?
- What is something you have learned in 4-H?
- Skills you have gained or honed?
Entries are due online at http://go.osu.edu/videocontest
All submissions must be received by 11:59pm on February 1st.
All submissions will be entered into a random drawing for one of five 4-H sweatshirt blankets.
Videos submitted by project age members (8 and in the 3rd grade as of Jan 1) will be reviewed by our judges and one Junior (8-13) and Senior (14-18) will win a custom 4-H soft-shell jacket.
Rubric Judges will be using:
|5 points||Introduction||Introduction of yourself, including name|
|5 points||4-H Enthusiasm||Overall enthusiasm for 4-H|
|10 points||4-H Story||Explanation of the topics covered; clear, concise while detailed|
|5 points||Design & Creativity||Production quality; good design concept; creativity; copyright free|
|10 points||Public Speaking||Appropriate dress; voice; script preparation|
Release: By submitting an entry, all applicants are agreeing to the following terms and conditions: the video is devoid of any copyrighted material (including music) or non-permissive youth images; the video may be used for 4-H marketing purposes in both in its entirety or edited format; applicant plans to enroll in Brown County 4-H for 2021.
Best of luck and we can't wait to see your entries!