Brown County Extension Office Closed Beginning 3/18/2020 - 4:00pm
Governor DeWine recently issued a state of emergency and implemented a variety of strategies to reduce the spread of the disease COVID-19. In order to do our part in reducing risk to our employees or clientele, we have implemented a teleworking plan.
OSU Extension Offices will be closed to the public until further notice. While our offices will be physically closed, we are committed to continuing to conduct our work as fully as possible. We will utilize all our teleworking capabilities to continue serving our clientele and communities. You should continue to feel free to call, email, etc. with any OSU Extension staff member as you normally would. OSU Extension staff is deeply committed to the health and well-being of its staff and doing our part to help slow the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We will remain available during our normal business hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. You can contact the following ways.
|James Morris: Agricultural & Natural Resources/Community Developmentfirstname.lastname@example.org||937-892-3024|
|Christy Clary: 4-H Youth Developmentemail@example.com||937-892-3021|
|Cindy Kratzer: Office Associatefirstname.lastname@example.org||937-378-6716|
|Trish Koehler: SNAP-Ed Program Assistant||Koehler.email@example.com||937-378-6716|
An email was sent (3/12/20) to 4-H Families and Volunteers regarding 4-H programs in Brown County over the next few weeks, an updated email was sent on 3/16 and 4/7. ANR program participants will be contacted via email as information is known on their programs. Please be sure to review the information. The safety of our community is our top priority. We realize that our COVID-19 policy guidelines will cause disruption, but the risk of not acting outweighs the inconvenience of these temporary measures. We will share updates as more information becomes available. Please continue to check your email. As of now all OSU Extension in person programing is postponed or canceled until July 6th and all 4-H camping programs are canceled until August 31st.
Known Program Changes as of 3/16/20 at 1:00pm.
- March 12th Camp Counselor Training – Cancelled
- March 14th Ohio 4-H Conference - Cancelled
- March 17th Junior Leaders – Cancelled; Christy will be in contact with members about virtual meetings.
- March 18th Master Gardener Seminar -- Cancelled, will not be rescheduled
- March 19th Pesticide/Fertilizer Re-Certification CANCELLED - will be rescheduled. ODA deadline being extended to TBD. James will be in contact with those registered.
- March 4-H Committee – Cancelled
- March 28th Craft Show and Easter Egg Hunt – Cancelled – vendors will be contacted via email.
- March 31st Counselor Training - Cancelled; Christy will be in contact with counselors directly.
- April 1st Enrollment Deadline: Has not changed; all enrollments must be submitted online at https://oh.4honline.com.
- April 1st CARTEENS - Canceled
- April 2nd: Calving Workshop Canceled. This program will be rescheduled later this fall.
- April 4th-5th: Counselor College Canceled.
- April 7th: Junior Fairboard - Cancelled
- April 13th New Volunteer Training – Cancelled; Christy will be in contact with new volunteers to discuss
- April 16th 4-H Committee – Virtual - Please submit fundraiser requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 21st 4-H Conference – Cancelled
- April 21st - Junior Leaders - virtual @ 4pm email email@example.com for link
- April 25th Pork Quality Assurance - Postponed, new dates will be set when we know we are able to meet.
- April 24-26 - Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports instructor workshop - canceled.
- May 7 - Shooting Sports Safety Meeting - Postponed
- May 18 Shooting Sports Safety Meeting - postponed
- May 19 - Junior Leaders - virtual time TBD
- May 21- 4-H Committee Meeting - Virtual
- May 26 - Quality Assurance - Postponed
- May 29-31 - State Special Needs Camp - Canceled
- May 27-29- Horse Camp - Canceled
- June & July - All 4-H Camps - Canceled
- June 16 - Junior Leaders - Virtual
- June 18 - 4-H Committee - Virtual
We are reviewing options for Quality Assurance and will notify members and volunteers as we know more.
4-H Clubs must follow the following guidelines
Based on these guidelines, all 4-H Clubs must postpone/cancel all face-to-face meetings between now and
April 21. EXTENDED TO MAY 15th as of 3/26/20 Extended to JULY 6th as of 4/7/2020.
In addition to all 4-H club meetings, the following list of 4-H events qualify as non-essential between now and April 21. Based on these guidelines, these non-essential activities must be postponed/canceled/ or held virtually. Examples include (this list is not exhaustive and subject to change at any notice):
- 4-H committees, including advisory, saddle horse, endowment, etc.
- Club kick-offs, open houses, etc.
- Community service projects
- Educational clinics
- Events put on by advisory or county committees or clubs, including fundraisers
- Social events (egg hunts, square dances)
- Teen leader groups
NOTE: Senior Fair Board will need to make the determination for fair-related committees