The fourth Sunday of the month January – March at 4:00 pm we will be hosting a Brown County 4-H meeting which will include pledges, county program updates, and a guest speaker. We have lined up a great group of guest speakers and cannot wait to hear what all they have to share with you about their topic, careers, and more!
Mark your calendars for 4 p.m. on
- Sunday, January 24th for Food and Bakery Science with Sherrill Cropper.
- Sherrill Cropper is a Brown County 4-H alumnae and the New Product Development Lab Manager for Lesaffre Corporation and Red Star Yeast Co. based in Milwaukee, WI. Sherrill has been working in the Research and Technical Services group for 5 years where she develops ingredients and provides technical support to her team and customers. Sherrill received her B.S. and M.S. degrees in Food Science from The Ohio State University and her Ph.D. in Grain Science from Kansas State University.
- Sunday, February 28th for Geology and Paleontology with Molly Hunt
- Molly Hunt is a geologist, paleontologist, and science communicator at The Ohio State University. She is a proud 12 year 4-H alumni from Darke County, Ohio, and was the 2018 Ohio 4-H Teen of the Year, and Hall of Fame inductee.
- Sunday, March 28th for Marine Biology with Noelle Guay
- Noelle Guay has been with Palm Beach County 4-H since 2015 and has a background in marine science. Noelle received her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in biological sciences with a specialization in marine science from Florida Atlantic University. Noelle has spent time as a student and guest researcher with Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute prior to her involvement with 4-H and her graduate research focused on the biodiversity and abundance of zooplankton in the Gulf of Mexico. Since joining 4-H, Noelle has created a 4-H marine science club and camp where youth are immersed into marine science through shark tagging, coral reef restoration, shorebird scavenger hunts, and much more. Noelle has also developed a virtual marine science program for youth who do not live near an ocean or are restricted due to COVID-19. In her spare time, Noelle is an avid scuba diver and birdwatcher.
Individuals/families can join or some clubs have elected to turn this into a true club meeting by holding a virtual club business meeting in a Zoom Breakout room (the office is setting up) immediately following the guest speaker. Advisors will receive more information about this opportunity via email. Only those clubs who use the breakout room will be able to count this as a club meeting. Advisors can also request for me to “pop in” to their meeting for additional activity, clarification, etc.
Register your 4-H Member/Family for one or all of the sessions by visiting: http://go.osu.edu/browncomeeting. You will only need to register once per household.
All are encouraged to participate - we hope to see you there!
***New or not yet in 4-H? You are still able to join these to hear from our guest speaker and ask questions! ***
Volunteers, need to sign up for a breakout room to host your club meeting after the guest speaker? Visit here: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6hvcbPHpKSIEhox