Brown County 4-H Teen Opportunities
Various opportunities are available to older youth involved in 4-H. Some of these opportunities are at the local level, additional opportunities exist at the state and national level. All 4-H members are encouraged to get involved in these various activities. Scholarships are available to help cover the costs of some of the events. Deadlines vary for enrollment and scholarship deadlines. The majority of the scholarships are applied for through the Teen Opportunity Application which is due on or before January 15, 2022 Please review all of the information in the letter and on the site below.
Visit http://go.osu.edu/brownteenapp to apply for award trips/camps. This survey will close at 11:59pm on January 15th. Please plan on completing the application in one sitting. Please be prepared to answer the following essay questions for award trips/camps. Essay questions should use complete sentences and proper grammar and punctuation.
1. Why are you interested in applying for this opportunity? Please address each opportunity you are applying for. 2. What do you hope to gain out of this opportunity? Please address each opportunity you are applying for. 3. Where and how do you plan on sharing the ideas you learn as a result of the opportunity? Please address each opportunity you are applying for. 4. What are some of your 4-H accomplishments to date? 5. Have you ever been selected for an award trip/camp before? If so, which award and what year? What did you gain from this experience?
|State Leadership Camp||
June 1-5 - Camp Ohio
*Full Cost: $250
July 15-19 - Kelleys Island
|Ohio 4-H Senior Shooting Education Camp||
July 18-23, 2020 - Canter's Cave
*Full Cost: TBD ~approx. $330
|Citizenship Washington Focus -
**For ages 14-19
June 21-27 (travels with Ohio 4-H on charter bus)
*Full cost: TBD
**For 4-H’ers entering grades 7-9
*Full cost: $TBD
*Please note the full cost of the trips is listed, the Brown County 4-H Advisory Committee will be providing scholarships, the amount will be determined when they set their 2022 budget. Youth selected will be told at the time of notification the cost to participate.
To apply for award trips, please fill out the Teen Opportunity Application. Applications are due on or before January 15, 2022.
Interviews for the above are scheduled for January 20th at 5:00pm prior to the 4-H Advisory Committee meeting.
To apply for or to participate in any of the opportunities below, please fill out the Teen Opportunity Application. Additional paperwork may be required. Please read the application and letter thoroughly to make sure you understand the requirements of each opportunity.
Contact the OSU Extension office if you should have any questions.
Applications are due on or before January 15, 2022, unless otherwise noted.
|Ohio Achievement Record||
This application is used to apply for: State Achievement Awards, National 4-H Dairy Conference, Ohio Township Association 4-H Local Government Award, Ohio State Junior Fair Board, Ohio Dairy Goat Conference.
****Want help filling out your Achievement Record? Please contact Christy if you would like any additional help!
|Ohio 4-H Conference||
February 20th, 23rd, and 25th
|CARTEENS||Conducts programs for first-time traffic offenders - Held the 1st Wednesday of each month, 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; at the Ohio Highway Patrol Post.|
|4-H Camp Counselor||
Separate application required; must meet all training requirements
|Making eXtreme Counselors||(can count toward the required training for all camp counselors) February 19-20. Registration due Jan. 30th|
|4-H Junior Leaders||Can join at any time once you turn 13! Meetings are typically held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00!|
|Buckeye Leadership Workshop||Open to youth and adults. Visit the BLW site by clicking on the name. Click HERE for information on scholarships for teens.|
Ohio 4-H Conference
Who: All Ohio 4-H Teens & Volunteers are welcome to attend.
When: March 12th
Where: Greater Columbus Convention Center,
Cost: $TBD - all registrations received by the early deadline will be supported by the Brown County 4-H Committee.
Come and join 4-H volunteers and teens from across the State of Ohio. Registration information available here: http://www.ohio4h.org/events/ohio-4-h-conference
- For information on Ohio 4-H Scholarship for graduating Seniors, go to: http://www.ohio4h.org/families/just-teens/awards-scholarships/ohio-4-h-scholarships
- Brown County Pork Producers Scholarship - The Brown County Pork Producers will be awarding scholarships to high school seniors who will graduate during the 2020/2021 school year or a previous 4-H or FFA member currently attending college. These scholarships have been established to assist young people in their efforts to pursue a college education. NOTE...Interviews for the Grace Murphy Scholarship will be conducted virtually on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 starting at 6:30 p.m. Applicants chosen to participate in the interviewing process will be contacted prior and will be emailed a Zoom meeting link prior to the scheduled interview session. This will be the only date available for interviews, no exceptions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lory Rosselot at 513-515-1274. Also, please note the application must have a signed transcript attached. If there is no transcript, the application WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Donna Bailey Junior Fair Memorial Scholarship - The Donna Bailey Junior Fair Memorial Scholarship is open to any Brown County Junior Fair Exhibitor who has shown sheep. Scholarship(s) will be awarded to a graduating senior(s) who plans on pursuing post-secondary education in the fall of the current year
- Brown County Cattlemen's Association Scholarship - The Brown County Cattlemen's Association is awarding three $500 scholarships to high school seniors that will graduate in the 2021-2022 school year. These scholarships are: The Gary Conn Memorial Scholarship, The Brandon Scott Memorial Scholarship and The Bill Fauth Jr. Memorial Scholarship. These awards were established to assist young people in their efforts to pursue a college education.
Sue Mulford Memorial 4-H/FFA Scholarship - $500 Scholarship
Applicant must be a graduating senior in a Brown County, Ohio High School and a current member of 4-H and/or FFA with a horse project
- Ohio State Fair Scholarship - For youth who have participated in various Ohio State Fair contests and activities. Applications must be postmarked by April 15th and sent to the address listed on the application.